PC World Lost World Mk2

User-103F6592-F903-4DB9-B7433E06FF7E634C 16:20 23 Jan 2003

If you remember my thread PC World The Lost World some time has elapsed so i thought i better update you. I did as advised and sent a special delivery letter,anyway i had an Email on the Sunday saying they where sending me out return slips but if i wanted i could return the goods to my nearest store. I waited until Wednesday 15/1/03 and decided to return the goods,this entailed a 70 mile round trip. When i presented the goods and asked for a refund i was asked why, i said i did not want them,then the assistant checked the goods and said " have you opened the boxes". I said no,another salesman stepped in at this point and saved the day. He was most helpful and arranged a refund right away. Anyway i received a letter today from Simon Turner Group Managing Director.He apologised for the level of customer service i received and that the level of assistance provided fell far short of their required standards. I did think at the time i would not shop at the Dixon Group again but after reading Simon Turners letter i feel that he is at least interested in what i had to say,it is just unfortunate i had to say it in the first place. So Simon as Arnie Says " I Will Be Back"

oresome 17:21 23 Jan 2003

It's well researched that a customer with a complaint, who has it resolved satisfactorily, becomes a loyal customer. It's a just a pity more business's don't take note. Repeat custom is less costly to attract than new customers. A simple apology is worth ££'s Glad it's resolved and you'll give them another try.

spuds 19:18 23 Jan 2003

I do not know if there are pending customer service changes within PCW. But my local PCW have had a recent change-over at senior managerial level.The previous occupants,were not the best to deal with on some occassions.

grove34 22:18 23 Jan 2003

i've been banned from pc world croydon.

all i wanted was a refund but was told by the 5 year old behind the returns desk to basicaly bugger off.

things got a little heated and i got removed from the store by force .

oh well never mind lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone