PC World + £1000

bta1 20:34 04 Oct 2005

i have come across (throuhg a very long process involving the courts) with a £1000 supercheque for PC World.
I can't spend it any where else, or i wouldn't be having this problem. So my quesiton is, what would be the best deal to get? I have to use it by January, and the last time i brought i computer it was three years ago and an 80gig hard drive was considered posh.
My current computer has on board graphics (32mb - rubbish) 512mb ram, 80 gig hard drive and is 2.0 ghz. i have a 17inch normal monitor (don't know the techincal term) and an all in one lexmark 75 printer.
OBviously i want to improve on all of the above, so aynoe any ideas what to do with this windfall?
i only use the computer for work (so word 98 is what i am on.) but games would be nice.
Any ideas welcome.

Totally-braindead 20:57 04 Oct 2005

Since you have to spend the cash I'd suggest as fast a PC as you can get, and use the extra for a new monitor , perhaps a TFT (flat panel)one (you seem to have a CRT one) or software or a better printer or even a digital camera. Best one I could see on their website was this one click here for value at least then with the £310 left you could get a 17" TFT monitor and a new printer or some software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?