PC TV Freeview Suggestions

tigernick 19:30 08 Jan 2006

I have just upgraded my monitor and am interseted in buying a Freeview tuner for my computer to watch digital tv and record programmes etc. Iv'e looked at a number of makes and models but am unsure which to buy. Ideally I would like a PCI card or USB model that has a twin-tuner to enable recording while I watch. A model that has particularly good reception would also be very handy, and a remote.

My PC is more than capable of handling the requirements of the tv system from what I have seen. I would like a tuner that is good value for money.

If anyone has any suggestions on a particular model that fits my requirements, or maybe one they own that is a good buy I would be very interested to hear???

alB 21:44 08 Jan 2006

This Terratec card gets a good revue, the only bad point seems to be that it's PCI express and older PC's might not have a slot for it, retails at about £80....alB click here

Thatslife 21:51 08 Jan 2006

Spent £35 on an Hauppauge NovaT PCI card. TV fine but the software isn't anything to shout about.

Stuartli 22:24 08 Jan 2006

I have the Twinhan Freeview DTB-ter D + A (digital + analogue) PCI card. See:

click here

for full details.

However, it was originally supplied with Cyberlink's PowerCinema software and it's proved pretty useless for this particular application.

Fortunately Twinhan has released its new BDA drivers (Verson 1.0.1.7) and 2.61 software and everything is fine now.

It offers PVR and a remote control, whilst you can also use it to watch/record from a VCR or games console output.

See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?