PC repair/fix tools

iqs 16:12 26 Nov 2007

Hi,I am looking for a decent set of tools I can use to repair,fix and upgrade a PC.For example a mini handheld vaccum,a brush I can safely use to clean dust way from PC components,a comprehensive tool kit.Any recommandations please.
Cheers

pj123 17:18 26 Nov 2007

I build computers for a living and the only toolkit I have is:

A philips screwdriver.

Totally-braindead 17:43 26 Nov 2007

Regarding the cleaning the best thing is a brand new clean paint brush and if you wish a carton of compressed air.
I've not got compressed air I've found that with a bit of disassembly and a 1" paint brush I can get at all the dust without resorting to anything else.
Oh also use a clean duster on the likes of fan blades and I haven't needed anything else to clean up.
Regarding other tools I have a screwdriver kit from LIDLs for £2.99 and it has various screwdrivers, long nosed pliers and tweezers which are useful when you drop something inside your case.

jakimo 18:30 26 Nov 2007

Compressed air duster,fine camel hair brush,and phillips screwdriver..Hammers are not required

Totally-braindead 18:40 26 Nov 2007

jakimo just because you've never used a hammer don't assume the rest of us haven't.
Any electrical item that isn't working properly will respond to threats and dangling a hammer over the top of it. Its a well known fact.

iqs 18:01 27 Nov 2007

Went to maplins and bought a very cheap tool kit and a mini vaccum.You wont believe how much dust I removed from the main case fan and heat sink with the vaccum.Well worth £2,99.

Many thanks for you comments.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?