PC Nextday - Beware!

derricks62 16:56 21 Nov 2006

Having purchased a Zoostorm from PC Nextday recently I have been reading with interest the comments posted on this forum.
I would like to share my experiences:
Firstly assuming that I will have no more problems it's a good bit of kit and lives up to it's expectations
However
(1) Don't ever expect a prompt email response from them. I have tried their technical services. They responded reasonably quickly to my first problem but since last week they are not responding to any of my questions.
(2) Customer services aren't responding either (unless you count the rather annoying 'we've received you email and will get back to you asap' type message.
(3) I purchased a Freeview device from them. It's not working and I've been told that my area doesn't cover freeview. It does as I already have one for my TV. Admittedly I have a booster because reception can sometimes be iffy however I have never lost my digital signal. I'm now trying to return it to them. After a week of trying I still haven't been able to get a returns number from them.
(4) I suffered from inital crashing on my Zoostorm. After running a diagnostic (which didn't find any problems) I was told it was probably something I loaded (it only had XP, MS office 2003 and F-secure).
(5) I made a hash of removing F-secure (my fault I was trying to swop it for something else and it went horribly wrong). I therefore reinstalled XP.
(6) I then discovered to my horror that I hadn't been provided with the drivers for my Creative labs sound card. No problem I thought I just downloaded them from the website. This didn't work. Cutting a very long story short it turned out that what they had sold me wasn't what I had ordered. I had to open up the PC get the model number of the soundcard, go onto the web site find the correct drivers and download them. Finally I got sound.

In summary I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth. I can't return the Freeview device, technical support don't do much supporting and I've had to find a lot of stuff out for myself.

If anybody is reading this thinking about buying from PCNextday if I one thing to say 'BEWARE'

spuds 17:56 21 Nov 2006

You seem to be taking all this in your stride, for a owner of new products. Contact click here for advice as to your next move.

simonpage 23:49 21 Nov 2006

Everytime I come on this site theres always some new threads complaining about PC Nextday. I can't say i'm surprised, i haven't been impressed with their support dept.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?