PC Nextday

Whiskey487 18:34 10 Jul 2007

Having read all of the bad press about PC Nextday, I would like to know if anyone has had a good experience with them. I'm considering ordering from them and have been very impressed with how quickly they reply to the questions I've asked of them, usually within an hour! If there's any recent experience of them out there (this year...) I'd like to hear it please. Thank you!

noddingdonkey 23:57 10 Jul 2007

I Bought a computer from them last October.
The service was excellent apart from them sending a delivery confirmation e-mail accidently one day too early.
The computer came with no power lead (the norm for the £500 core 2 duo windows xp computer) however they were excellent and sent me one in the post within 2-3 days.

The service was excellent and computer was delivered within 14 days (this was in a high order period though, I was informed of this on the website in advance)
delivery itself arrived at 9:10am in the morning on the given day,perfect for me

excellent software bundle nero and power dvd
xp disk included as well as manuals and drivers

only downside to pcnextday is they use ECS motherboards. This means that you can only use 533mhz DDR2 Ram as opposed to 800mhz ram.
This is only a problem for techies or enthusiasts

noddingdonkey 23:59 10 Jul 2007

On the whole pcnextday are a fine company to purchase from and offer excellent value for money

PP321 07:52 11 Jul 2007

As the FE has pointed out on many occations, people generally only bother reporting BAD things that have happend.. and i'm talking about for any company, not just PCNextday , for every 10 bad reports , there could be a 1000 happy customers, and this isnt reflected accurately so this is where forums like this come in handy :)

Whiskey487 16:33 12 Jul 2007

I've taken the plunge and ordered a system from them, for the spec it seems to be a fantastic price. Delivery very reasonable price too, bearing in mind I live in the Scottish Highlands! Just have to wait and see what it's like when it arrives. I've been quoted 10 working days from order to delivery, seems ok too...

Whiskey487 16:54 12 Jul 2007

Oh, here's the spec:
E6600, 2gHz RAM (DDR2 PC4200), 320gb HDD, 256mb nVidia 7900GS, 17' LCD basic monitor for £650 and £13 delivery. Couldn't find same spec anywhere else for even close to this price.

Whiskey487 12:53 18 Jul 2007

Now been 10 days since I ordered my PC, heard nothing but 'extended delivery times' so I cancelled it. Hands down to them, within 10 minutes of e-mailing requesting cancellation they had confirmed that it had been cancelled and money will be refunded. If I had longer I would have waited but time is of the essence.

Vaughn123 13:30 04 Sep 2007

If anyone is thinking of buying anything from PC Nextday – DON’T!! If anything goes wrong with your purchase you will probably rapidly age with stress.

In June 2006 I purchased a PC desktop from PC Nextday

Also included in the deal was an on site warranty for 12 months provided by a company called Repairline, which I thought would be enough to give me adequate peace of mind should things go wrong.

Unfortunately a fault developed with my graphics card possibly motherboard in May 2007

Five weeks later a Repairline engineer came to my home but he did not have the correct parts to fix my PC.

After calling Repairline every week for a further 7 weeks I found out on the 10th August that none of the parts required had ever been ordered by Repairline or sent by PC Nextday.

Finally on the 15th August an appointment was made for an engineer to visit again but he never turned up.

On the 3rd September PC Nextday offered to collect my PC for their own engineers to take a look at. What really annoyed me is that they refused to pick up or return it after 4pm or all day on a Saturday.

So far, after 16 weeks, my PC is still not fixed and after all this time and stress you would have expected them to be apologetic, offer compensation or at least be accommodating but they simply do not care.

What I would like to know is how do companies like that survive or benefit if they offer such a crap service, if they do not care about their their customers or reputation?

Why do PC magazines praise PC Nextday so much when the reality is so much different?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?