PC Home Help

spuds 11:04 09 Apr 2007

Have you used or heard of this organisation PC Home Help click here

If you have, can you share your views and experiences.

I came across this organisation via a Google search, and the information provided seems interesting. Our local independent mobile and shop based 'experts' seem to want to charge anything from £30.00 to £60.00 with no guaranteed results of a 1st class service.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:22 09 Apr 2007

I think that you will find plumbers more expensive. If you are running a business you need to charge a minimum of £30/hour to pay your running costs so I think that , assuming these guys know their stuff, they are reasonably priced.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:27 09 Apr 2007

'You pay them £20 for the first hour and £5 per 30 minutes thereafter. You get the chance to rate the service you have received.' they seem to be using students but if they do the job fair enough as they charge less than most shops.

G

spuds 11:55 09 Apr 2007

G-- I assumed that the 'helpers' were perhaps local keen enthusiast (students?)with a fair to reasonable knowledge of computers, more than the plumber or electrician expensive brigade. Personally,having had a number of experiences of 'here today, gone tomorrow' lock-up shop based 'experts' at usually £60.00 a roll, I would prefer to give this type of organisation a fair chance and consideration, of them struggling for an hour or so, than myself struggling and getting absolutely no where.

Checking the 'helpers' list in my City/County area, would seem to have 114 willing hands, the nearest being less than 1.62 miles away.

2inkletowz 14:00 15 Oct 2009

Although their costs are very resonable it seems you get what you pay for. My experience and that of others I know suggests their engineers have varying levels of ability, you might be lucky and get a good one then again you might not, you do seem to get what you pay for and £30 or more for no repair at the end of it isnt cheap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires