PC DIAGNOSTICS SOFTWARE

Laurence99 11:38 30 Jul 2006

I am fed up with unexplained crashed and PC freezes.
Am looking to buy a good PC software diagnostics package, which I can run fairly regularly to check registers and clean up other areas, etc.. etc.. so I can hopefully enjoy a trouble free PC time:)
Hopefully can get a package which covers most areas I need to check and repair?
I run anti-virus and spyware scanners/removers already, so dont mind if it does not cover that.

Any suggestions for a software package to get?

Mr Mistoffelees 12:28 30 Jul 2006

Norton software comes in for a lot of criticism on this forum, from the same kind of people who are into Microsoft bashing because they are big and very profitable. However in my experience, over a number of years, Norton SystemWorks works very well and I would recommend it to anyone.

polish 18:28 30 Jul 2006

i use tune up utilities and find it very good click here

freaky 18:35 30 Jul 2006

Not a bad price for Tune Up, anybody else using it ?

pat-212841 18:39 30 Jul 2006

freaky .Yep i am using it as well .well worth the cash imho

Johnnie_M 19:04 30 Jul 2006

It's fantastic software, not clunky, does what it says on the tin aswell.

Ross Murray 22:57 30 Jul 2006

A good free Internet based PC disagnostics tester is Windows Live Safety Centre Beta, offering virus and spyware checks, registry clean up, disk clean up and defragments when required. Its in a beta though, so tread carefully. I used it today and the progress bar takes a while to refresh for example. Find it at the Windows Live Ideas site.

Laurence99 23:18 30 Jul 2006

Thanks everyone.
I have downloaded a trial version of TuneUp Utility and it does seem pretty good. Seems to cover everything I wanted and is easy to use and friendly so far. Will see how I get on over the next 30 days :)

freaky 18:09 07 Aug 2006

Downloaded it yesterday (TuneUp Utilities), it appears OK, but have not yet deleted any of the hundreds's it is recommending !

Jimmy14 18:21 07 Aug 2006

I share the same opinion as yours

sunny staines 19:44 07 Aug 2006

Go for Norton system works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?