PC Advisor September 2008

Pine Man 11:41 12 Jul 2008

Anybody having problems with this months DVD? Mine looks ok but isn't recognised by my PC.

RickyC :-) 13:52 12 Jul 2008

Please send your postal address to me by email, and I'll arrange for a replacement DVD to be sent to you next week. We produce around 90,000 discs each month, so it's possible that you were unlucky to receive a faulty one.

kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

Forum Editor 14:10 12 Jul 2008

on the ball, or what?

jack 14:25 12 Jul 2008

and i have breached the dont look before the month embargo[As in a previous post] so I'll check my copy out too.

Pine Man 15:30 12 Jul 2008

Thanks very much I have sent my details to the 'replacement' site.

I have been with PC Advisor for very many years and this is the first problem disc I have had so I can't complain, particularly when you get the sort of service indicated by your response.

ray7 16:59 12 Jul 2008

'On the ball'
c'mon...it took him 2 hours to respond !!!!! (only joking)

dmag 17:41 19 Jul 2008

Hi

My DVD apears to work for some things but the FixIT utilities does not want to install.

It gets to the FixIt window with several options, when Install is chosen it gives an error of "Cannot find necessary files. Please r-install software.

Have I a dodgy copy or is anyone else having the same.

RickyC :-) 17:50 19 Jul 2008

Hi dmag
it's possible that you simply have a faulty disc. Have you tried copying the install file over to your hard disk/desktop and then attempting to install? You shouldn't need to do this, and if you click here we will arrange for a replacement disc to be sent to you

Regards

Richard
Software Editor

dmag 17:34 20 Jul 2008

Hi Richard

Did as you sugested, exact same error message. However must have been asleep last time as not noticed that the error box had a title EPSON Scan.

So I dont think it is the disc at fault but more likely a clash with something in my system. ANy suggestions as to a fix would bw appreciated.

Dave

Avanquest 12:06 21 Jul 2008

Hi Dave,

You are right, there is a clash between Epson Copy software and Fix It Express.

I've checked with our Support team and the only fix we have at the moment is to uninstall Epson Copy, then install Fix It and then re-install Epson Copy. I realise this isn't ideal, but at the moment its the only solution we have. If the support team come up with a better fix, I'll let you know.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,
James
Avanquest Software

dmag 22:45 21 Jul 2008

Well at least I know I haven't done anything stupid

Thanks

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie