PC ADVISOR Promotion.

Jimmy14 16:37 01 Aug 2007

I would just like to say that I have been contacted by PC ADVISOR twice in the last few months asking If I would like to take out 3 magazines for £1, when I keep telling them I already subscribe to the DVD version. They apologize but it looks as if some office communication between subscriptions and new customers isn't going very well. I think they are going round forum members that have registered their telephone numbers because he said I registered for a promotion on the website which I never but I do have a forum member account and of course my subscription account that has been going since 2006.

The Brigadier 17:21 01 Aug 2007

May be the FE can advise you on what to do?

Jimmy14 17:24 01 Aug 2007

I don't mind, I am just pointing it out and waiting to see if anyone else gets these calls.

Probabilitydrive 17:41 01 Aug 2007

(Congrats to your birthday Jimmy14). Some days ago there was this thread click here
covering a similar issue.

Forum Editor 17:42 01 Aug 2007

to our subscriptions editor. I'm sure he'll sort this out for you.

laurie53 21:17 01 Aug 2007

I don't wish to stir things up, but a lot of companies will insist that you have "registered" or otherwise expressed an interest.

They have to do that, otherwise it becomes "cold calling" which is, of course, in breach of industry guidelines.

Not that PCA would do anything so dodgy!

tom_d 10:56 02 Aug 2007

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that you have received two calls in as many months, as it is certainly not our intention to bombard you with calls.

Such subscription offers are not specifically targeted at forum members, but rather those that have registered to use a number of online services offered by PC Advisor.

As I hope you can understand, occasionally, because of the large numbers involved, it may be that a record is unintentionally duplicated. This is particularly likely to happen when someone registers on the site with some details that are different to those that they use when subscribing. Unless the recorded data is the same it makes it difficult to identify the record as being the same.

I can contact our bureau to look into this matter further, and if you wish to supply me with your contact details, I can ensure that you are removed from the list entirely.

I hope that you are enjoying your subscription, and should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes

Tom
Subscriptions Manager

The Brigadier 11:11 02 Aug 2007

Got a call myself earlier today as well.
As i'm part of the Telephone Preference Scheme to stop unwanted calls i find it strange i'm geting called.
I shall however let it go this time as i presume PCA are cold-calling everyone on a list or who have given their phone numbers down when registering for the forum.

Got the long sales pitch, but at least the caller was polite when i declined the offer.

tom_d 11:34 02 Aug 2007

Thank you for your message - sorry to hear you were not compelled to subscribe!

On a serious note, all numbers are run through a system that ensures anyone on the TPS is not contacted - when did you register for this service? I know that sometimes it takes a while for numbers to be recorded on the service.

As both you and laurie53 have mentioned the subject, I also wanted to point out that we are certainly not cold calling. All calls are made to individuals who have registered an interest in PC Advisor, generally by registering on the site, and consented to being contacted by us with special offers.

Of course, should you wish to amend your profile, please just let me know and I can arrange for this to happen.

Best wishes

Tom
Subscriptions Manager

The Brigadier 11:41 02 Aug 2007

Been on TPS for just under 3 years!
I did ask the caller not to ring again so will see what happens.
I do find that most of the things i find interesting the the magazine i can also read on-line.
And i only normally buy the magazine for a free software offer or for a games demo these days.

Jimmy14 13:40 02 Aug 2007

Thanks for your quick response and thanks to the FE for notifying you. I will leave it at this and hope there are no more phone calls, but if there is, I will contact you to investigate further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?