PC Advisor gets it wrong, methinks.

xania 19:18 09 Mar 2009

I was quite interested to learn that Toshiba were offering up to £100 cashback on new purchases - PC Advisor newsletter of Monday 9 March 2009 quotes:

Sponsored by Toshiba

Claim up to £100 cash back when you buy selected Toshiba business laptops.
This offer includes the Satellite Pro A300-1E7, powered by Intel Centrino 2
processor technology. Terms and conditions apply.

click here]

One small glitch in this appears when you get the details on

click here

Once again I quote:

Qualifying Laptops*
The Cash Back offer of up to £100 varies by
Toshiba laptop and applies to selected models
purchased by end-users between 1st January
2009 and 31st January 2009.

Oh well!!!

rowdy 21:06 09 Mar 2009

They are only journalists

rowdy

Forum Editor 23:54 09 Mar 2009

before having a sly little dig at us:

click here

You'll find the £100 cash back offer on the Satellite Pro A300-1E7 on the second line down.

Oh well!!!

Forum Editor 23:58 09 Mar 2009

Your apology is accepted; please don't let it happen again.

Stuartli 00:45 10 Mar 2009

The word "selected" is the key - seeking to misconstrue the facts may be convenient, but is ultimately exposed.

rowdy

Your opinion of journalists is obviously not based on facts or, at least, on personal experience.

So, unsurprisingly, you make uninformed and misguided comments.

xania 12:38 10 Mar 2009

I have taken a further look at the Toshiba website. The problem is that the main link takes you to the wrong page. If you ask for infromation about the offer it tells you that it ends in January - buit if you use the other link it admits it goes on tot he end of March. So not quite as bad, but why tell us in March about an offer that's been running since January?

Stuartli

Point accepted, buit I was looking at a selected PC at the time.

ronalddonald 22:32 10 Mar 2009

tosh i dont think their that reliable as methinks the are so save the money don't buy a tosh buy soemthing else instead ive gone through three toshiba laps and it ain't worth the hassle.

tullie 22:39 10 Mar 2009

I am very happy with my Toshiba,why did it take three of them to find fault?

Forum Editor 22:39 10 Mar 2009

for build quality and reliability. I've had several Toshiba machines, and all of them worked perfectly without a single fault or problem.

Stuartli 22:56 10 Mar 2009

Exactly the same for its (British built) CRT sets - the first one I bought was in 1990 and the first Toshiba Nicam model (went to one of the offspring) and the second, acquired in 1996, still in every day use in the front room limked to a Freeview STB.

The other offspring bought a secondhand Toshiba laptop some years ago when they came with a three year warranty.

The screen packed up and Toshiba picked up the £600 parts and labour tab without a quibble.

xania 13:08 11 Mar 2009

My first ever office laptop was a Tosh and it was very robust so I'm content to stick with them. Anyhow, this is only a secondary machine for when either my wife or I are on the road and the spec looks more than adequate. What's more you can chose between Vista and XP - they give you both recovery disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?