PC ADVISOR

stank 18:28 29 Jul 2005

I suspected that my Internet Explorer browser might become corrupted so I attempted to re-install it from an old PC Advisor disc. This took me to the PC Advisor web site where I was asked to register. OK. I tried to download a copy of Internet Explorer and was told that wasn't available. Now I can't access my old copy of Internet Explorer because PC Advisor has taken over the Internet Explorer desktop icon and I can't download a new copy so I have no access to Internet Explorer. I've tried to e mail them but all I get is an automated response saying they don't solve there own problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jackcoms 18:55 29 Jul 2005

System Restore?

VoG II 19:00 29 Jul 2005
  stank 19:51 29 Jul 2005

I forgot about "system restore". I'm a user, not an expert. I still don't understand clicking my Internet explorer icon opened the PC Advisor page, But I've returned to a better time.
Thanks

Jackcoms 20:48 29 Jul 2005

"clicking my Internet explorer icon opened the PC Advisor page"

Which probably means that you have the PC Advisor page set as your home page, doesn't it?

Stuartli 09:20 30 Jul 2005

Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>double click on Internet Options>General tab.

Change the first field's entry to the www address of your ISP and set as Default.

In the Connections tab ensure that your ISP is the Default connection.

Stuartli 09:23 30 Jul 2005

You can install the latest version of IE from:

click here

Then download any security or critical updates which may be available.

Using an old cover disk brings you, not unexpectedly, an old version of IE...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?