Paypal verification.

kieronkirk 21:50 21 Apr 2008

After several attempts,I finally submitted a new credit card to my Paypal account on the 20th March 2008.
However my Account Overview still stated that I was verified,despite not having submitted my Paypal code from my credit card statement.
My credit card statement duly arrived on the 9th April 2008,with a charge of 1.95US dollars and the Paypal code(a four figure number).
I could find no way of submitting the Paypal code because my account overview still stated that I was verified.
I purchased an item on E-Bay on 13th April 2008 and paid by Paypal as usual.The payment was marked as "uncleared". My bank account showed the correct amount debited on 16th April 2008.
This evening(21st April 2008),I phoned Paypal and explained the situation to a very helpful man, who could not understand how I had submitted a new credit card, yet my account overview still stated that I was verified.
He gave me a new address of click here where I duly found the box to submit the Paypal code.
Has anyone else had this problem with Paypal?

Kieron.

Noels 08:25 22 Apr 2008

Not exactly the same problem but a couple of weeks ago I opened a new Pay Pal account to buy an item from an online seller. All went well until about a week later when I had a request from Pay Pal to verify all my details including my PIN number. I was very suspicious as banks don't ask for this information on line so I didn't reply.
On looking at the Pay Pal web site it appears that their customers are vulnerable to Phishing attacks. So I would be very wary of giving any info online. They also advise changing your password at regular intervals.
Regards and be careful
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?