Paypal Transactions - Canceling?

RobCharles1981 00:23 28 Oct 2009

Hiya

Wondering if you can give me some advice.

I placed a deposit for a used item on Ebay the seller was being abit pushy in areas, the item I was looking at was a Sonny HD Cam Corder and suggested I place a deposit of £75 which invadvertatly I did the whole cost would of been £390 the money would of been though Paypal.

I sent this user the deposit but when I looked on Ebay again for the same Camera a New Condition Camera was on there for £399 I thought a must have.

At the time I had sent the deposit to this user and can't "Cancel" from paypal the transaction.

I have to suggestions.

1. I had asked him for a refund on the deposit still awaiting for the reply.

2. Or It would be trip down the local bank to "void" the transaction.

Am I right?

Thanks

Rob

morddwyd 07:51 28 Oct 2009

I don't think you have any real grounds for cancelling this transaction..

Regardless of the seller being "pushy", you have simply changed your mind.

In such circumstances it is normal to lose your deposit.

Kevscar1 08:04 28 Oct 2009

Had you actually won the Auction.
If not then I think you have been scammed

RobCharles1981 08:33 28 Oct 2009

I haven't won the "Auction" I simpley made a sort of offer.

spuds 13:12 28 Oct 2009

" I haven't won the 'Auction' I simpley made a sort of offer".

Was the item in a normal eBay auction procedure, like bid and win or Make an Offer (which the seller can accept or reject- it should show in the sellers listing). Or did you do 'the deal' outside the terms of Ebay, by communicating direct with the seller.

All the above, can have different ways of perhaps dealing with the issue. Even if the seller was a 'power or business seller' it doesn't necessarilly come under the DSR for you to cancel the sale, because you have now changed your mind, due to finding something cheaper at a later time.

Answer the questions above, and your question might be answered in a perhaps correct manner!.

RobCharles1981 13:37 28 Oct 2009

Hi

Spuds its what you said in the first instance I'm pannicing here!! I contacted the seller of the camera and all is well I'm going to get it anyway.

But have another bother when I panniced I "brought" the same camera from a Business Seller:

click here

I'm trying to contact this seller to try and cancel the order for a refund hopfully something will happen.

spuds 13:49 28 Oct 2009

Because its a 'Buy It Now', and the seller is registered as Business (with vat!), you should be covered under the DSR cancellation rule.

RobCharles1981 13:52 28 Oct 2009

And The Other Item was a "seller" and I contacted him about the item and made him some offers.

This one had a better deal so I'm hopping to make contact with "Business Seller" Very soon.

Kevscar1 15:56 28 Oct 2009

His returns Policy

Return policyBuyer must report any faults within 14 days.
Most Buy It Now purchases are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, which allow you to cancel the purchase within seven working days after the day you receive the item. Find out more about your rights as a buyerand exceptions.
so you shouldn't have a problem.

RobCharles1981 16:33 28 Oct 2009

Hiya

Been trying to contact this seller for most of the day but no reply. It looks as if this Camera will come tomorrow so I can get it sent back then.

Its coming by City Link but I won't sign for it Ile ask them to send it back.

RobCharles1981 09:53 29 Oct 2009

Camera hasn't come yet but trying to contact his seller is usless does anyone know how I can contact him by phone??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?