PayPal email

bretsky 11:31 15 May 2007

Hi all had this email this morning, anybody else?
PayPal (In logo font)

Dear My Name,

We would like to announce important developments affecting all PayPal accounts in the European Union (the "EU").

No action is required on your part, and you will be able to continue using PayPal with no changes.

Currently, PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is the service provider for PayPal in the EU. PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is a UK company regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK as an electronic money institution. This authorisation enables PayPal to provide its service throughout the EU.

>From 2 July 2007, a new PayPal company, PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. (PayPal Luxembourg), will become the service provider for PayPal in the EU. This is a Luxembourg entity regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg equivalent of the FSA. PayPal Luxembourg will provide the PayPal service throughout the EU.

Your customer relationship with PayPal
On 2 July 2007, your customer relationship will be automatically transferred from PayPal (Europe) Ltd. to PayPal Luxembourg. This includes your customer relationship as governed by the terms of the PayPal User Agreement and, for applicable UK merchants, the PayPal Website Payments Pro Agreement (collectively, the "Agreements").

To summarise, from 2 July 2007, PayPal (Europe) Ltd. will assign to PayPal Luxembourg all of its right, title, interest, and benefit in and to the Agreements.

New User Agreement and Privacy Policy
We are also pleased to announce that from 2 July 2007, PayPal Luxembourg will issue a new form of the PayPal User Agreement and Privacy Policy. This new version of the User Agreement will be presented in a much more user-friendly manner, and many of the policies currently accessed by hyperlinks, will now form part of the main text of the User Agreement.

Also, the Privacy Policy will reflect that PayPal Luxembourg will be the data controller of your personal information from 2 July 2007 and set out further details of the third parties to whom PayPal Luxembourg will disclose your personal and account information.

For more information about the transition to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. click here.

If you do not wish to continue your relationship with PayPal, you may close your account at any time by logging in to your account, clicking Profile, and following the instructions from the "Close Account" link. You should make sure you first withdraw the outstanding PayPal balance to your bank account.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal (Europe) Ltd.

Helpful Links: Forgotten Password | Help | Your Security | Contact Us

Copyright © 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056. PayPal (Europe) Limited is registered in England & Wales with registration number 4056498 and registered office at Hotham House, 1 Heron Square, Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey TW9 1EJ

__________ NOD32 2267 (20070515) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
click here

bretsky ;0)

g0slp 11:45 15 May 2007

Nothing wrong with it; it contains your name as registered with them & clearly states that no action is required on your part (unless you want to stop using PayPal).

I've received the same message, obviously with my own name on it <grin>

Nothing wrong with being cautious though.

bretsky 11:54 15 May 2007

Hi there, yeah it looks pretty genuine, but when I saw the click here link, alarm bells rang because there are so many scams out there, just wanted to make sure, thanx for your reply.

bretsky ;0)

March Hare 12:48 15 May 2007

Yes, I've had that too.

1832bchs 13:04 15 May 2007
  jimv7 13:12 15 May 2007

I have just received it and its genuine, its just information and contains no requests for passwords or accounts from you via enclosed links.

Remember paypal do not ask for information.

bretsky 13:35 15 May 2007

Thanx people, I will tick this as resolved.

Thanx again!!

bretsky ;0)

g0slp 13:36 15 May 2007

No problem! All the best to you.

spuds 15:16 15 May 2007

PayPal have been involved, and have run some of their affairs from Luxembourg for a very long time now. Nothing to worry about, you will not notice much difference, in your normal daily tasks.

blondmark 22:32 01 Aug 2007

In fact the real scam is Paypal moving from its Richmond Surrey headquarters to Luxembourg and severing all its UK ties. This means its UK customers can no longer serve proceedings on them when Paypal steal money from their accounts.

How do I know? Because Paypal recently stole hundreds of pounds from my account, and when I contacted them to issue proceedings, they informed me that they no longer have any UK address to serve proceedings at, or a UK firm of solicitors authorised to accept proceedings. Instead, they told me, I should get in touch with their Luxembourg office.

A brilliant scam shielding Paypal from legal action from any of their UK victims!

So if you live in the UK and Paypal steal money from your account too, you will have no legal redress whatsoever.

spuds 23:46 01 Aug 2007

PayPal are still registered with the FSA.You could take your complaint there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?