paypal

iqs 22:23 21 Jan 2006

Hi..I have just cancelled a payment via PAYPAL because I was informed the seller had an unregistered E-mail address.In my account it states Temporary Hold By Paypal.Can anyone explain what this means.Cheers,Mike

Diodorus Siculus 08:33 22 Jan 2006

PayPal - User Agreement - Seller Protection Policy
"When a seller receives a payment through PayPal, if the buyer files an unauthorized transaction claim or a claim under PayPal’s consumer protection programs (a “Buyer Claim”), or if the buyer files a credit card chargeback, a Temporary Hold will be placed on the amount of the payment. If the transaction qualifies for the Seller Protection Policy, the temporary hold will be lifted from those funds.

If the transaction does not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy, PayPal will review the Buyer Claim, including all information provided by the seller, and make a determination. In the case of a chargeback, PayPal will determine whether the chargeback can be disputed with the card-issuing bank. If PayPal disputes the chargeback, the Temporary Hold will continue until the dispute is decided by the applicable card company (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)."
click here

spuds 10:53 22 Jan 2006

Dealing with PayPal can get very frustrating and complicated at times. Diodorus Siculus as given the terms and conditions, but I would suggest that you place your question on the eBay/PayPal forum, as there should be someone who as experienced this procedure, and perhaps will be able to give further advice, as to their experiences.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?