Pay as you go sim cards.

Trackrat 14:29 11 May 2007

The wife went to use her mobile phone this morning and it came up card rejected.

I contacted Vodaphone who very nicely informed me that as she had not used the phone for 90 days (she only keeps it for emergencies)that the number had been deleted and I must purchase a new sim card.

So I asked him what happened to the credit against that number and he said as it has been deleted so has the credit.

So she has lost £8.64p credit that was on the phone and now has to buy a new sim card.

Is this legalised theft??????.

HondaMan 14:41 11 May 2007

but she was, or would have been if she had read them thoroughly, aware of that condition as it would have been sent to her with the card and terms and conditions of use.

Confab 15:14 11 May 2007

Go and get a Virgin Mobile SIM

spuds 16:24 11 May 2007

Same conditions with Cellnet (02). If you do not use, then you lose. I lost over £13.00 once. Pays to make a few seconds connection every couple of weeks.

pj123 18:01 11 May 2007

spuds, have to disagree with you there. I am on BT Cellnet (O2) and I haven't used my phone for at least 6 months. I just checked it and it has £8.74 credit so I made a call to my own landline number and it is still working. My partner also is on the same PAYG with BT Cellnet (O2) and she has £10.98 credit. She hasn't used her phone for a long time either. I am going to give that a try now.

spuds 18:25 11 May 2007

All I know is when I wanted to use the mobile on an occasion (purchased and used solely for emergency use), I was unable to do so. After checking with Cellnet (now 02) they stated that I had not kept the connection active, and as such the connection had been terminated with any credit due. They would reconnect me, if I topped-up.I was not very pleased, so changed to Vodafone.

Since that loss, I always make a few seconds connection about every 2-3 weeks, to check if everything is working.

alB 18:41 11 May 2007

Don't know if this offer is still current but it's worth a look....alB

click here

Stuartli 19:30 11 May 2007

I'm with Confab. I bought a mobile phone in 2000 from Virgin Mobile purely for emergency purposes and to receive calls.

I've used two £10 vouchers in that time and have only just started on the third (some of the second £10 voucher's worth is included in the total!).

shizzy 21:55 11 May 2007

I lost around £8 credit the same way with T Mobile.

Trackrat 23:45 11 May 2007

alB, thanks for that link, it is still applicable.
And it comes with £2 credit so that is some compensation.

BT 08:29 12 May 2007

T Mobile are giving away 2 FREE PAYG Sim cards on their website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?