Pay Pal Refund

jaraba 00:02 12 Mar 2011

I paid for an item via paypal & as the item is no longer available the company has refunded the money apparently through paypal.
Paypal has emailed me to say they have refunded the cash, but I ws wondering if anyone knows how long it may takes to get back to me.

mrwoowoo 01:29 12 Mar 2011

If Paypal have E-mailed you, then the money is in your Paypal account already, to do with as you will.

jaraba 06:24 12 Mar 2011

They said it would go back to the card I paid with but its not there.

morddwyd 07:34 12 Mar 2011

I've never known PayPal actually refund money to your card/bank account unless you specifically ask them to.

It normally just goes to your PayPal account.

jakimo 11:27 12 Mar 2011

Under the PayPal rules it may take up to 30 days for a refund to be credited back to your bank account

spuds 17:43 12 Mar 2011

I generally find that PayPal are fairly good with refunds. Check your PayPal account, then see what your card account states, because sometimes this is were the problem lies. Especially if its a credit card refund.

If its a debit card (usually for small amounts), then PayPal might hold this back for processing future payments.So the next time you make a purchase, you will not pay as much, because you have already paid part or all?.

As previously stated, your PayPal account should show you all this.

jaraba 09:37 13 Mar 2011

Payment now back in my bank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?