Pat on the back for Telewest

De Marcus™ 23:39 08 Apr 2006

Having had the broadband elite service in my home for some time I decided to upgrade at work, mostly because I download and upload large files at any one time. The blueyonder website gave cause for concern when the upgrade was requested and a confirmation email received stating I was to pay more for the same service I was already receiveing? A quick 2 minute phonecall sorted it all out, all I had to do was reboot the modem and my new speed was realised. Well done Telewest, an excellent service IMO, especially when it's done in real time!

[email protected] 23:44 08 Apr 2006

Every time I have contacted their support team I have found them excellent.

rdave13 00:14 09 Apr 2006

A positive post about an apparently excellent company. A breath of fresh air.

Well done Telewest.

Forum Editor 00:36 09 Apr 2006

and just the kind of thing that enhances a company's public image. It always puzzles me how some businesses fail to understand one of the most basic business concepts - that one small act of consideration shown by a single employee to a single customer can pay dividends that are far and away in excess of the initial investment of time and/or money.

You received just such a small consideration, and as a result you've acted as an unpaid public relations spokesperson for Telewest - tens of thousands of people will read about your good experience. Thanks for sharing it with us, we need such good news in a forum that is largely devoted to tales of woe.

Stuartli 09:57 09 Apr 2006

Strangely enough we are one of the streets in my town that's been Telewest equipped for many years, yet I have never considered the company as I've always tended to stick with BT, WorldOnline (now Tiscali) and, for the past two or three years, One.Tel (now TalkTalk).

The reason is probably because Telewest's good value TV/broadband/phone offer of £30 monthly is still more than I pay in total already.

But my next door neighbour, who moved in around two years ago, immediately had his phone and broadband installed by Telewest and has never needed to make any form of complaint...:-)

bremner 10:06 09 Apr 2006

I started with Telewest ten years ago with TV and Phone - their customers service at that time left a great deal to be desired.

However over the following 4/5 years they improved beyond recognition. They are now offer first rate service with customer service at the forefront of their operation but.......

....they have now been bought out by NTL!!. I sincerely hope that NTL become like Telewest rather than Telewest becoming like NTL.

Hopefully the tie up with Virgin will help in making the new company a success both in financial and customer satisfaction terms

Jimmy14 18:27 11 Apr 2006

I had to cancel my internet service by NTl when I was moving house because my new area didn't support it. I moved house and got ADSL Broadband and before I knew it I was still receiving bills every month from NTl for Broadband. I phoned the customer service and reminded them that I had cancelled. I moved house in March 2005 and was still getting billed by NTL until September. After a long and stressful time they finally refunded me and stopped billing me.

I would have to say but my experience has put me right off them and their customer service is appauling and the worst one I have ever had to phone.

mark mcc 21:53 11 Apr 2006

NTL IS THE BEST ISP I THINK. I HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS AND NO PROBLEMS.

THEY ARE FAST AND RELIABLE.

THEY ALSO HAVE PACKAGES FOR AS LITTLE AS 8.99 FOR 1 MB BROADBAND.

I WOULD RECODMEND NTL TO ANYONE STARTING OUT ON THE JOYS OF VROWSING THE WEB.

Jamesy 13:36 12 Apr 2006

I have been with Telewest Blueyonder for 3 years now. Every year I have had a speed upgrade for free, the service is the fastest home broadband connection and lives up to its name. The customer service is very good, and the connection is always fast and very reliable - I think I have only had one period of downtime in 3 years, and it was sorted out sharpish. Hats off to Blueyonder for a fast, reliable, reasonably priced service. I would not even consider another broadband provider whilst they are still around.

Stuartli 14:49 12 Apr 2006

Ntl is putting up some prices from the beginning of June - not a seemingly good move in view of the fact that prices look like coming down sharply over the next few months...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache