Panasonic Plasma Screens

anchor 15:38 19 May 2010

There seems to be quite a lot of adverse comment on the AV forums about Panasonic Plasma screens, claiming that they loose their black levels after a relatively short time: (1000hrs has been mentioned).

click here

This has resulted in a class action lawsuit against Panasonic in the USA.

click here

Arnie 17:18 19 May 2010

All the more reason to stick with LCD screens.

They satisfy most people's needs, they are cheaper and possibly more reliable.

BJN 17:48 19 May 2010

Strange that the reports are from the USA and seem to be old postings are they exactly the same models on sale in UK with same software. I've a 6 year old Panasonic Plasma now relegated to the conservatory black levels still ok. the second a G15 model with freesat and freeveiw has no problems with black levels with well over 1000hrs of viewing.

You can get a small number of rough TV's from any manufacture,the level of complaints are proportional to the number sold and Panasonic Plasma big sellers.

Often people start thinking they have a problem because they have read somewhere that it may exist. I bet most of these people would not be complaining if it was not suggested there maybe a problem.

Plasma is best for fast action viewing, LCD can have some blurring.Football on a HD on plasma is great.

I'd not let this review put you off a Panasonic Plasma. We'd never buy anything if we read all reviews that where online about the item.

anchor 09:03 21 May 2010

BJN:

Thanks for your comments. I thought long and hard, read more reviews, and yesterday took the plunge.

I ordered a new 42" Panasonic plasma with freeview HD; it is being delivered next week from John Lewis.

BJN 17:23 21 May 2010

anchor

Pleased I could have been some help.

See you've gone for the belt and braces option with John Lewis,5 year warranty and a reputable company who value customers if they ever have a problem

Many happy viewing

BJN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?