Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

oseven 10:57 11 Feb 2008

If anyone has this camera can you tell me if the 16:9 aspect ratio is available when shooting stills or only for video,and what do they think of the camera generally? Are there any other digital cameras that record stills in 16:9 that forum members would recommend?

Totally-braindead 11:37 11 Feb 2008

Can't help specifically but have a look here for reviews of most cameras click here really good site.

modelflyer 14:00 11 Feb 2008

I have the FZ50 and that takes 16:9 stills as an option. OK if you show pictures on 16:9 tv, but not so convenient for printing out. I would imagine that the FZ18 is very similar.

modelflyer 14:03 11 Feb 2008

By the way another excellent site is click here. Has a good Panasonic forum.

anchor 14:28 11 Feb 2008

It would appear from here that 16:9 ratio stills are available.

click here

see the section headed "Great Shooting Options"

quote:

The aspect ratio is easily selectable between 16:9 wide, 3:2 and conventional 4:3 to shoot in the framing aspect that best suits the photo's composition or purpose of use. You can shoot images in the wide 16:9 format and save them onto an SD/SDHC memory card. Then insert the card into a TV equipped with an SD/SDHC card slot to view them in perfect, wide-screen size.

anchor 14:31 11 Feb 2008

I should add that I have the earlier model, the DMC-FZ8EB-K, and its excellent. I feel sure the FZ18 is even better.

oseven 17:15 11 Feb 2008

Thanks for all your help and advice.I always trust pesonal reviews from members of this site more than reviews in magazines or on the web.
All the professional reviews I have read say this seems a good camera but they also rate the Fuji Finepix S8000 about the same,Both cameras have similar specs.but the Fuji is cheaper.So called personal reviewers at Amazon don't rate it much.
Any opinions appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?