Panasonic DVD/HDD DMREX75EB

Carafaraday 13:17 04 Dec 2006

Last time I meantioned this DVD recorder a couple of people with similar machines very kindly offered advice so I'm hoping they will see this too.

I have emailed the customer care at Panasonic but without getting a reply so far.

The manual doesn't seem to be altogether clear on the subject of updating the clock which is automatic when the machine is in stand by but not when it is in recording mode. By recording mode do they mean actually recording a programme, or do they mean what on a VCR was 'timer' ie future programmes have been set up to record although the machine is not actually doing anything at the time.

I hope someone will understand what I mean. For instance, if we go away on holiday over the time that the clocks change from winter to summer-time, and have set various programmes to record in our absence, will I have to allow for the fact that the clock will not automatically change itself?

Diemmess 13:37 04 Dec 2006

But as a guess I think the manual would have said so if the autoset clock actually worked while in timer mode. Assume the worst!

Twice per year is not very often as grounds for concern.
You could try second guessing in March 2007 and straddle the changeover, progamming a recording before the change normally, and making post-change programmes one hour early.

Carafaraday 13:40 04 Dec 2006

Oops - I meant to put this on Digital Forum - don't know how I managed to screw that up. Thanks Diemmess, of course you're right that it's not really all that vital. I just thought someone with a similar machine might know the answer.

961 14:23 04 Dec 2006

Mine has always been 1 hour adrift since we got it even when on auto update

I was told to set the clock to manual and set the time myself

Since then all has been fine, but if I set the clock back to auto it still goes wrong by 1 hr

I have other things to worry about but it makes you wonder?

Carafaraday 14:42 04 Dec 2006

Thanks, 961 - clearly the 'auto' is not altogether reliable...........
Mine seems to be telling the correct time at the moment but I'm not sure whether it's updating itself or whether it's just been keeping good time since I first got it (only a couple of weeks ago). As you say, there are more important things to worry about....

Carafaraday 16:03 05 Dec 2006

Panasonic have emailed to tell me that the clock will not automatically update if any recordings are set up - so a certain amount of mental arithmetic will be necessary if we are away over the changeover from winter to summer-time.

FatboySlim71 22:29 07 Dec 2006

I have the EX85, I think I replied to some of your earlier posts, sometimes the time will not auto update if you are receiving a poor/weak signal through your aerial or the aerial is unplugged from the machine as the time is automatically updated by the teletext signal which is transmitted along with the TV signal.

Carafaraday 18:24 09 Dec 2006

FatboySlim71 - thanks for that. I realise now that I can't really rely on it to be totally accurate all the time - I always add an extra couple of minutes to beginning and end of anything I'm recording anyway.

ICF 07:16 10 Dec 2006

I know it's not the same model but it might work on your pany click here

FatboySlim71 09:16 10 Dec 2006

Carafaraday,
You are correct, I do the same as well i.e, "add an extra couple of minutes to beginning and end of anything I'm recording"

Carafaraday 12:07 10 Dec 2006

ICF - thanks for that information I'll bear it in mind if it all goes pear-shaped come the spring changeover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?