overclockers.co.uk returns problem

fitfella29 17:07 06 Jul 2004

hi,

i sent back a 2 month old asus 9800xt which at the time cost me over £300 4 weeks ago as it had became faulty.

i was told id get a replacement card (thinking id get a brand new one) and that turned up yesterday.

well after opening the box it wasnt a brand new replacement but a serviced one and to top it all off the card was bent and the box it arrived was in was all worn and tatty and the manuals and cd`s were in the same condition.when i had sent this off to them everything was in pristine condition.

ive emailed them and alls i got was that to just bend the bent bit on the card back into shape and all should be ok!

heres a pic of the card,look at the bottom left hand corner for the bent bit.

click here

this isnt acceptable,if i wasnt going to recieve a brand new card surely i should of recieved my card back (repaired) that i had origonally owned and paid for not someone elses repaired and in a worse condition than the card i sent off.

what grounds do i stand on if any to make a complain?

thanks for reading.

Totally-braindead 17:48 06 Jul 2004

The link doesn't work it takes you to a search/webpage

fitfella29 18:56 06 Jul 2004

try typing it into your browser:

w w w.cybcity.com/tkc/bent.jpg

not with the spaces between the `s.

harps1h 23:40 06 Jul 2004

what was their comments on your old card?

byfordr 09:21 07 Jul 2004

If I were you go in hard and heavy, get your cc company involved.

I had hassle with them returning a graphics card that was not the one I ordered. Found them impossible to contact by phone and they didn't respond to emails. So sent them a email saying I would get my credit card company to refuse payment on the order if they didn't arrange a full refund and a courier to pick up the offending item. Did the trick, wouldn't use them again.

R

harps1h 20:30 07 Jul 2004

in response to byfordr, i too had to return a video card which was 4 months old.
i phoned them on the tuesday, got through after about 4/5 mins., and was given an rma no and told a new would be sent when they received my old one. i posted on the thursday and they received it on the friday. on the following tuesday i received an e-mail to say that a new card had been dispatched, which i received on wednesday. a total of 7 days door to door. i would call that GOOD service.
i feel that you get a response comensurate with the stance you first adopt. a lesson in all walks of life. however you still haven't said what their comments were about your old card

-Beb- 11:29 08 Jul 2004

If I was you try and get a different brand of 9800xt card if you do get another as Asus' 9800xt are known to become faulty (probably due to them overheating)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?