overclockers desktop

standing bull 11:16 26 Aug 2009

morning all, im thinking of buying a overclockers pc,has anyone dealt with them ,if so comments please,also does overclocking seriously effect the life of the processor.

Colin 13:05 26 Aug 2009

Can't comment on Overclockers PC's, but I've been running an E8400 at 3.4Ghz, (standard 3.0Ghz), with standard air cooling for over a year with no problems. It gives me a 5% to 10% improvement in games.

GaT7 14:04 26 Aug 2009

"also does overclocking seriously effect the life of the processor." - not with these modern day CPUs (Intel Core 2 Duos & above in particular) that have unlocked multipliers, etc. They are fine as long as they're cooled sufficiently & not excessively over-volted. One gets the feeling that many of them are manufactured 'just for overclocking', with some chips even being advertised as such!

If you notice many retailers like Overclockers, Chillblast, Cyberpower, etc are offering pre-built, pre-overclocked systems with full warranties. This never used to be the case in the past, with 'overclocking' (& similar) being almost a bad word & derided by the majority. Of course this was all before the revolutionary Intel C2Ds came out. Then the newer AMDs started following suit as well. G

Rigga 14:48 26 Aug 2009

I purchased an Overclockers machine, about 18months ago.

A Core 2 Duo Q6600 pre overclocked from 2.4Ghz to 3.2Ghz, was well setup and worked out of the box. Although the case was a little more garish (blue fan lights) than I would have liked, it sits under my desk so no problems.

On the support side, I had a problem with the memory a few months ago Overclockers swapped it straight away, and for better memory.

All in all I would recommend them, and will probably buy my next machine from them.

Been looking at their pre overclocked Core i7 920 machines, and will add a couple of SSD's in RAID 0, when I get around to buying it.

HTH. R.

standing bull 17:26 26 Aug 2009

thanks for replies,appreciate your time,looks like an overclocked overclockers,lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?