Ordering From Dell

A.J.C. 16:03 10 Feb 2003

I ordered a Dell Axim PDA online on Monday 3/2/03 and was given a Internet Receipt Number. I have received no further updates from Dell regarding my order and despite several telephone calls and promises of being called back, still have heard nothing regarding my order. Has anyone any experience of similar situations with Dell and how best to proceed with this ?

cracker23 18:43 10 Feb 2003

hi, can only speak of my own situation really but on 29th jan i ordered a Dell dimention desktop i was given an internet receipt number like you.24 hrs later the documents were emailed to me and i faxed them right back.I received the pc on the 7th of feb.Have you emailed them at all i found that i always got a reply at least within a couple of hours.If you go to their customer support pages you will be able to send them an email-quoting the number you have got.Hope this is of some help

Magik™ 23:27 10 Feb 2003

no doubt you already know,but, the internet number you get is not the same as your order number, i only found out when i could find no mention of my order on their tracking system, once i had the right number which begins with GB******* i found it and could follow my order, even though it was down for delivery on the monday, and it turned up on the saturday 5 days late, but it was worth the wait it is a fine bit of kit...

leverage11 02:43 11 Feb 2003

I ordered two computers from dell on 1/23/03. I e mailed them on 2/3/03. From dell's responses, the term "bait and switch" comes to mind. I subsequently ordered computers from another company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?