Orange/Freeserve Account Restoration

WaTcHiNg 13:51 20 Nov 2009

I received an email 5 days ago stating that my Freeserve account would be suspended. Well, actually, I received 3 email messages all within 1 minute of each other and so decided that they were spam and ignored them.
I used to be on freeserve pay as you go dial up but moved to broadband with a different provider in March.

Yesterday my email stopped working and was directed to a page to 'restore account' when I logged in via the Orange website. After trying 3 times I called the Orange helpdesk only to be told that my account was suspended because I hadn't dialled up for 219 days.

They talked me through restoring my account online and I got the same error. They eventually decided that they have a problem with a server because they couldn't restore my account either. 'Try again in 24 hours' was the best advice given and so I did. 24 hours has passed and still no ability to restore my account. Emails I hope are piling up rather than being deleted especially as I have just sent 500 marketting flyers out with that address on!
Today's story from Orange is that they still have a problem with their server and a few other people have now reported the problem. It is being investigated and has been so for the last few days. I should just continue trying and it will get resolved.

Questions:
Why are orange so bad that they send 3 messages to tell me the same thing thereby mimicking spam behaviour?
How can I restore my account to get to my emails without having to use the online system or their helpdesk?
Could PCA add any weight to getting the fault resolved by calling and asking why their service is so bad?

BT 17:05 20 Nov 2009

I do this on a regular basis when I get the Email and it usually works OK. It must be their problem if thats what they're saying..

WaTcHiNg 18:49 20 Nov 2009

All fixed. Apparently it was an error at their end.
I still dont get why they sent 3 emails in the space of 30 seconds though. In this day and age they should be able think about their communications and do something that looks less like spam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?