Orange Mobile Phone Cooling Off Period

RobCharles1981 12:09 11 Jun 2010

I recently only On Monday changed from a Pay As You Go to a contract (Blackberry) And I was wondering If I change my mind and want to go back to pay as you go can I do this?

Woolwell 13:11 11 Jun 2010

Probably the best advice you will get is if you ask Orange. Did you buy on-line or through a shop?

RobCharles1981 13:28 11 Jun 2010

I had it through my local orange shop.

Woolwell 13:39 11 Jun 2010

If you had bought on-line you would have had a cooling off period under the distance selling regulations but there may not be a cooling off period from a shop. What does the contract state?
Contact Orange.

TipTop20 15:32 11 Jun 2010

I think even with a shop they must have a cooling off period but it all depend what its states in the terms and conditions, have a read of them or just contact Orange.

RobCharles1981 08:34 13 Jun 2010

There's an apparent fee but its not the case, there is a massive outage since last Wednesday and I'm not alone:

click here

I can't make or receive calls no texts nothing its rubbish I had better luck on my pay as you go.

Forum Editor 09:23 13 Jun 2010

and that's surely the cause of the signal loss, will affect all phones, including PAYG - you wouldn't necessarily be getting a signal on the PAYG phone either.

With regard to the contract, you would have a seven day cooling off period had you made arrangements via telesales or online, but not via the Orange shop.

RobCharles1981 12:37 13 Jun 2010

FE

I had a 5 Bar Signal Where I am so its nothing to do with that. Its the orange network that have themselves to blame. Pay As you as I said worked fine for me.

RobCharles1981 18:05 14 Jun 2010

Finally after a few days I am able to speak to a "human" in the UK.

They done all the various tests and went through some steps with me and the nice woman logged into my phone and could the blackberry service was "disabled" on my phone.

She tried to get things going but nothing, she got though the Orange Blackberry Support and said there was an outage with Blackberry servers could take another 48 Hours to sort.

I'm still going to push to take this phone back to orange shop as its no use to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017