Orange Boradband and Wireless & Talk

glen2409 09:28 15 Jul 2006

Hi,

Anyone else having problems activating their wireless and talk?

I have many porblems with Orange broadband. It took nearly 3 weeks from registering to receive their livebox to set up broadband. The installation went ok.

I asked for the Max service, £10 a month, but they put me on the limited free service. I cannot upgrade on their member centre, must be a first that a company doesn't want £10 a month instead of nothing.

One of the main reasons I went to Orange was to use their free talk service. I have never been able to use this. I have rang everyday for 15 days now and emailed. I have been on hold more times than I care to remember and been told many different things.

The upshot is that my billing account hasn't been activated and they cannot seem to resolve it. It has been escalated many times and still they cannot tell me when it will fixed, apparently affects other users too. Orange haven't once rung back with feedback when requested.

Anyone thinking of joining Orange may well want to consider the lack of progress with what should be a simple problem to resolve and the at times poor customer support

spuds 10:41 15 Jul 2006

Be careful about this one, especially if your account is not shown as being activated. Nothing in this life is actually free, and a sudden large bill may bring further concerns.

If you are having telephone and email problems, then send them a letter expressing your concerns, remembering to keep full copies of any events.

glen2409 11:30 15 Jul 2006

The service is free for the Plus package, I want the Max package where I pay £10 and it is unlimited with free 01 and 02 calls.

The problem is with their systems not being able to activate my account for billing. because of thsi i can activate my wireless and talk or regrade my package

BlackButterfly73 10:37 12 Aug 2006

I am experiencing the same problem, where they cannot activate my 'talk' on the wireless and talk. Other people are unable to access their broadband and cannot move ISPs because the line has been damaged in the upgrade to 8MB. We are not alone check out click here a website dedicated to Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange problems.

Stuartli 11:38 12 Aug 2006

Also:

click here

Stuartli 11:39 12 Aug 2006

>>Anyone thinking of joining Orange may well want to consider the lack of progress with what should be a simple problem to resolve and the at times poor customer support>>

Add TalkTalk to that comment...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?