Opinions wanted on this system & seller (please)

darkster 13:16 27 Jan 2007

Hi all,
After a long journey of trying to decide on my next PC, I have seen this that really seems to fit the bill; click here
I would be very grateful if you guys could give me your opinions on the spec of this system and also the seller - Novatech. I can't seem to find anyone that has a bad word to say about them! Is this really the case and does anyone actually have one of these systems or similar?
Thanks in advance.

stylehurst 13:24 27 Jan 2007

I can't comment on the system specification, as my newest system from Novatechis now nearly 2 years old. However, I can assure you that Novatech is as good as the reports on this forum. I have been using them for nearly 15 years.

Joe R 13:29 27 Jan 2007

darkster,

for this price the system will do whatever you want.

As for Novatech, I personally have used them for a number of years, and most people in the forum will also highly recommend them. click here

Totally-braindead 14:12 27 Jan 2007

Its a very good system from a supplier that has always served me well. I've had hundreds of parts from them over the years and 2 PCs, barebones units, the last was perhaps 2 years ago and both are still going strong.
Their after sales service is excellent far better than you will see for many companies. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

the lo 14:54 27 Jan 2007

I've had this same system for a week or so with xp pre-installed; works fine straight out of the box, no problems to report as yet.

Europa 15:01 27 Jan 2007

I have bought the Isys Max 6400 three weeks ago, I had a good experience with Novatech and the PC is working well except for a little problem I have with IE which probably has more to do with some settings, other than that it had worked very well and straight out of the box.
The one you want has more RAM than mine, and you can have it with Window Vista installed, mine came with Window XP with a coupon for free upgrade to Window Vista, but I wanted Window XP anyway until all the bugs in Window Vista are sorted so it's a good thing I bought it when I did.
Mine was delivered one week late, probably because I made my order around new years day, and they ended up with a stock problem, and nearly came without the modem I ordered, the order in my account was updated without the modem present so I called them straight away through their live chat service but my concerns were dealt with promptly, one phone call from them to the warehouse and a modem was included in the order, so I would suggest you check your account and the status of your order every day, and if you got any concern call them,they will sort the problem straight away.
I would definitively recommend them, I am happy with the PC and the way they deal with their customers.

spuds 15:35 27 Jan 2007

Dealt with Novatech on many occasions, and each time the impression is the same, a first class company to deal with. Regarding the system, then again, if it fits your requirements, everything should be fine.

darkster 15:57 27 Jan 2007

Thanks for all the help and advice!
Europa, could you tell me if your system is fairly quiet running, ie. not too much fan noise.....my old pc sounded like a helicopter taking off and I don't really want that again!

GaT7 16:00 27 Jan 2007

darkster, I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions of my own....

Do Novatech provide the Windows disk if you buy one of their systems with the OS 'pre-installed'? Or, does one have to buy the OS separately in order to get disk?

Also, do they have a PC configurator so one can add/minus components? Ta, G

darkster 16:07 27 Jan 2007

Hi Crossbow7
I don't actually know if they supply a Windows disc, maybe Europa can shed some light on this? As far as I can see on their website there is no configurator, you have to have the system as it is.

stylehurst 16:56 27 Jan 2007

crossbow and darkster

Novatech usually supply a recovery disk, if Windows XP is pre-installed.
If you want a Windows disk the best way to do it is to purchase a PC without Windows pre-installed, and at the same time, purchase an OEM version of Windows. It may cost one or two pounds more, but you will have a genuine Windows disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?