Opinions saught or review of System Mechanic

jack 14:47 13 Nov 2010

This item appears on a cover disk a few months ago.
Who has purchased the full version and how do you rate it?

Forum Editor 15:20 13 Nov 2010

from Speakers Corner.

961 15:54 13 Nov 2010

I have purchased on 1 occasion and tried a later trial version.

Basically it did little that I could not either do myself or get from free software and I did not renew

If there is a trial version you may wish to try to see how you get on and how useful you find it

I suggest things like (free) CCleaner and other software for different operations work just as well

spuds 16:09 13 Nov 2010

Try Glary Utilities for free. click here

ams4127 20:40 13 Nov 2010

I tried it once and it crashed my computer. I now use Winzilla.

Terry Brown 20:55 13 Nov 2010

I tried System Mechanic and it caused more problems than it cured.
No longer on my system.

Terry

Big L 266 21:07 13 Nov 2010

Hello Jack....

I have the full paid-for version of iolo System Mechanic includind the new updated version with additional features. I usually run this once a week and allow the software to run its course.

I am by and large very pleased with the way it performs. You have several options of which to use the 'all in one' tool or the individual tools to help computer performance.The newer version has 'crudd remover' and 'Program Accelerator' the latter of which re-aligns the programmes on your hard drive.Although this can take some time to do,it does speed up the boot time somewhat which isn't such a bad thing.

I recall PC Advisor giving it a favourable review and so decided to try the free 30 day fully functional version a go.It was easy to download and to set up. I was very pleased the way it cleaned up my hard drive.

To date,I've experienced no problems at all with iolo S.M.and am glad I converted my trial version to a fully paid for version. Its been on my computer now for a few months and it is a welcomed addition to helping me keep my computer in great working condition.

The only drawback I can see is regarding the individual tools. I believe one or two of them should be transferred into a file for intermediate or advance users only.

Why not try the free fully functional version and evaluate it for yourself? That way you can quickly see if its right for you and your computer.

All the best.

Big L 266

SB23 21:07 13 Nov 2010

Like everything else, I did try it, but now use only the freebies, which in my opinion are better and less taxing for the pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?