Opinions please on these laptop choices?

Picklefactory 19:34 09 Jan 2011

Hello folks
I suppose some of you must get fed up of these questions, but this is probably the best place to get some informed and worthwhile opinions from experienced compooterists, so apologies in advance, but here's another, if anyone wouldn't mind venturing an opinion please.

OK, friend of mine is looking for a budget laptop, her funds are limited and as she has no web access currently, I've offered to do some donkey work for her.

Currently pondering these options below

click here
click here
and last but not least
click here

For me I would probably opt for the Dell as it has more RAM and slightly quicker CPU, but I could well be wrong about those..... hence my post to those who know more.
Any advice kindly received, cheers.

john 52 20:14 09 Jan 2011

One thing about John Lewis is the 2 year warranty if that is important to you.

Picklefactory 20:50 09 Jan 2011

Thanks, yes that is always a good point with John Lewis, they do tend to give at least one year more than both and is quite important. I chose to look there and Ebuyer as I have had many good experiences, as a buyer, from both.
Something I maybe should have stated in my first post, the laptop is just for very general use, nothing specific, so really just trying to get as good a day to day workhorse as possible for such little cash. I didn't initially mention it, as for this money I didn't think there were too many options really.

Picklefactory 20:53 09 Jan 2011

"they do tend to give at least one year more than both"

I meant to say 'they do tend to give at least one year more than most' of course, my fingers need glasses.......... so I think I shall go and fill one now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?