Opinions on this laptop please

TequilaSunrise 13:16 30 May 2014

Its the cube chameleon cz10 - for some reason I cant link it as pcadvisor thinks its spam. I found it on saveonlaptops for £650.

Specs here: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Haswell Quad Core Processor 15.6" HD Matte Screen Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit 8GB DDR3 RAM 1000GB HDD DVD Rewriter Dedicated GT 750M 2GB Graphics USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth 2 Year Cube Warranty

Should this be able to handle most games reasonably well?

I did check them (cpu and graphics) on a passmark/benchmark list and they both ranked at 120th but I'm not very tech savvy so just wanted to check I'm not missing/overlooking something. I'm not particularly looking for a gaming laptop (although want one that can handle the sims 3), but this seemed to be good value for money given the specs of other laptops in the same price range.

If anyone can provide any advice at all I'd be grateful.

rdave13 17:31 30 May 2014

Link to laptop range.

TequilaSunrise 01:06 02 Jun 2014

Thanks very much for the help guys. Gives me a bit of confidence I'm on the right track and dont have the completely wrong end of the stick lol

Tempted by the 17" one - although the graphics card is slightly inferior I believe (geforce gt 840m - didnt come up on the benchmark list I found but on another site - notebookcheck - it states its just behind the 750m), same processor however its full HD and HDD is 7200rpm (15" version doesnt state the harddrive rpm, but i'm assuming its possibly a 5400rpm).

I'm thinking for movies and games, the extra 1.7" and full hd may be worth the extra £50.

Any opinions on whether to take the slight downgrade in graphics in favour of the above or best sticking with the above?

I am sorry for all the questions, I just like getting value for money and making sure I'm purchasing the right thing (touch wood, i've never had buyers remorse yet).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?