Opinion on these laptops

matt_crosspatch 10:17 27 May 2007

I am thinking of buying a new laptop and have narrowed my choise to 2 machines:

Asus F3JP click here

Novatech Alpha N T7200
click here

I have read any reviews I can find and would like opinions from anyone who has bought one of these.

Many thanks!

Joe R 12:04 27 May 2007

matt_crosspatch

for me it would have to be the Novatech. Mainly for the fact that the Asus uses a "hypermemory" graphics card, which will only have 128Mb of dedicated memory, and will take the rest from the systems memory.

The Novatech has 256 Mb dedicated memory with it's graphic card, and has double the system memory of the Asus to boot.

Why wont it work 13:41 27 May 2007

I have had Asus laptops for a long time now. They are very well built and look gorgeous (they tend to have lovely screens). The Asus has the more powerful graphics card, which does have 256mb of dedicated memory. It also comes with bluetooth, and inbuilt webcam and mic. It also has Vista Ultimate and a 2yr warranty over the standard novatech one year. However it only has 1gb of ram over 2gb which is a downfall, but I am sure can be upgraded.

Basically it depends on what you want, more ram, or less ram with a load of other features.

matt_crosspatch 15:48 27 May 2007

Thanks folks

I have looked under 'bundles' on laptops direct and can get the same laptop with 2gb for about the same price as buying vista for the novatech (bearing in mind the novatech does not include an OS)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone