OneNote Software bundle a demo..should I buy?

Dragonsteeth 14:31 19 Dec 2007

When I bought the Toshiba Satellite Pro (windows XP) One Note was part of the bundle but needed a product key which I didnt have.
Toshiba said it was a demo and I had to buy the full software. Was I tricked or is this normal?

Now I need an office function can I download anything safe for my laptop? Should I go for Microsoft One Note or is there better (and cheaper)? I understand Open Office is free but would it be compatible?
Any suggestions?

Kemistri 15:21 19 Dec 2007

OneNote is a component of the MS Office 2007 suite that is used for note management and info sharing. It is not Office itself.

Yes, OO is free. Personally, I prefer MS Office 2007 SBE. I you want a basic version, the Home & Student spec is good value. Search a store such as eBuyer and you will find lots of flavours of MS Office.

Trial versions are the norm with new hardware.

superhoops 16:28 19 Dec 2007

You can get Office 2007 for £89.99 at PC World if you say you saw it on the website for that (otherwise £99.99). The version is called Home and Student and contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Onenote - all latest versions. Excellent value for money. You no longer have to prove tat you are in education or a teacher anymore either its for anybody

Kemistri 17:37 19 Dec 2007

£90 is over the odds for the H&S edition. click here

Zaphod 3 19:48 19 Dec 2007

It's £80 with shipping, but get PCW to price match, for the £80.

interzone55 09:51 20 Dec 2007

Do you have a student in the house?

Get this - click here - it's the full version of Office 2007, the offer is open to students only, and you have to provide proof before they will issue a license key.

It's totally legal as this offer is run by MS themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?