One for TalkTalk-Tiscali Subscribers?.

spuds 18:29 03 Jan 2011

Over the last few weeks TalkTalk have been making a number of changes in respect of the Tiscali subscriber base. This is suppose to be in aid of merging the accounts of Tiscali subscribers to that of Talk Talk, with the same facilities.

There have been a number of problem, which the support teams apparently 'might be' aware about.

I have been in contact with customer support, and one problems appears to be with emails.

Are you having problems, with this transfer or merger of services, especially with email and customer services?.

john bunyan 18:36 03 Jan 2011

Still with Pipex. Download speed has increased from about 5 to above 6.5 of late ( on an "Up to 8mbps" pack)No other problems but I gave up on phoning them a long time ago. Only stay because of the fag of changing e Mails.They seem to have solved my spam problem very well.

chub_tor 19:22 03 Jan 2011

I'm with Freedom to Surf (f2s) which was bought by Tiscali and eventually TalkTalk. Last week I was notified that I was to be transferred to Opal Business and that I would keep the existing price (apart from the VAT increase) and contract terms but that I would now have no download cap and an 0800 service number to call. Having suffered from two transitions it will be interesting to see if this move is any better. My contract expires in May 2011, so I will have a few months to see if I need to change ISP.

In fairness to TalkTalk, since they took over my spam has been significantly reduced, connection reliability has been good and I sync at 7168 on an overhead line to a rural exchange. I have only called them once since the takeover, the line was busy but got an automated message to leave my number and they would call me back - which they did and quickly sorted the problem.

spuds 23:05 03 Jan 2011

The spam situation was one that as been tackled in the merging process over the past couple of months. Some people are complaining that their emails are being filtered far to aggressive, to the point that previous 'acceptable' emails are being classed as spam. Personally I am pleased with my loss of 100/200 inappropriate content spams, that I use to have on a daily basis.

I have taken up a number of issues with customer services regarding other email problems. One being the deletion of email, and in the process I have found that instead of deletion, the emails are opening. Apparently you now have to delete 5 emails at a time, with a continuation of the procedure until all the deletions are cleared (this is being looked into?)

spuds 23:16 03 Jan 2011

This is another problem, that some people seem to be receiving confusing correspondence, as to what to expect for the future. All the previous companies subscriber bases are now suppose to be incorporated into one, all with the same facilities and advantages.

Regarding contacting customer services, I found this was becoming difficult, especially with auto responses to emails. Over the past three days I have had customers services contact me, regarding the problems that I have aired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?