olympus sp 510 any good ?

rick90 22:15 01 Nov 2006

have been talking about digital slr,s in another string and was looking at the fuji s9500 but it seems a bit bulky on inspection,being an old olympus user I looked online and spotted the sp 510. has anyone used one ,any feedback. cheers in advance,Rick.

polish 23:08 01 Nov 2006

i have just bought one from tennerife mine packed up while i was there maybe not what i would have bought given a bit more time to look around but does seem to be a decent camera with a good zoom 10x optical easy to use and batteries last well

rick90 19:50 02 Nov 2006

polish,bit scary,"mine packed up" but I suppose it was better doing it out there than when you got back.Rick.

polish 21:50 02 Nov 2006

my cannon was faulty before we went away but was not tolled tennerife not cheap camera on play.com for same as i payed £210 although cheaper than currys

rick90 21:27 04 Nov 2006

no oly users on site!!!!!!!!

rick90 19:25 07 Nov 2006

after you mentioning Canon I had a look at the reviews and am now thinking canon S3 IS,thaks for you,re post.Rick.

jack 19:43 07 Nov 2006

Of course they are good - cant figure why everyone goes on about niks and canons
All my Digi cams have been Olympus
Last year I took an E10 to the Antarctic
This year my trusty E300 came with me to the Northern end Iceland etc.,
Faultless took over a 1000 piccies each trip

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL] [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL] [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

rick90 19:45 09 Nov 2006

thank,s for that jack,you certainly get about,some nice exposures there,it,s not olmpus I,me doubting,had the best 35mm camera for years till a friend I lent it to moved (with oly om1n)
just the ability of the olympus sp510 without image stabilty to get some sharp shots at the telephoto end ,the canon dearer,
but has anti-shake onboard,I know you can carry a monopod but you dont want to cart one all the time.all the best in you,re travels .Rick.

hssutton 22:31 09 Nov 2006

Just a small point but the two cameras mentioned are not DSLRs

jack 08:21 11 Nov 2006

HSS wrot
Just a small point but the two cameras mentioned are not DSLRs ?
[Olympus sp510 CanonS3 IS] I assume you meant HS?
The Olympus E10 and E300 mentioned by me certainly are

just to clarify things

rick90 22:46 11 Nov 2006

h s ,you are quite right in saying the cameras I,me looking at ,canon s3 is, olympus sp 510,are not true d slr,s ,but bridging cameras ,in betweenys, I cant afford the pure d slr,s plus lenses and don,t want to go back to big cam bags and lenses, so going over the bridge with a compromise. May be a poor one ,but I don,t do as much photography as I used to so am hoping it,s a small loss of quality,but a huge gain in practicality.Watch this space.Thanks to all on site.Rick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?