Old For New

maltezer 20:09 07 Nov 2003

I took delivery today of a new Asus A7N8X deluxe Version 2 motherboard ( or so I thought )
The box obviously had been opened as it had been resealed with brown sticky tape. When opened all the plastic bags inside had been opened and some of the parts were missing.
The cd packet was open and it looked as though the floor had been wiped with the cd.
Looking at the motherboard itself the bios number was 1001g. After referring to the Asus website the bios was for a series1 board and was only installed as standard from 24/12/2002 till the 31/1/2003 when bios 1002 was available. Obviously not a version 2 motherboard as their bios numbers start with c.
If your' thinking of purchasing from ebuyer then think again.

Rayuk 20:13 07 Nov 2003

Send it back and get a refund as you ordered new and they have delivered 2nd hand one,then buy from somewhere else

Forum Editor 22:39 07 Nov 2003

maltezer?

maltezer 09:56 08 Nov 2003

I'm waiting for ebuyers slow returns system to work. I have requested a full refund.
I also contacted my local trading standards who told me to take some pictures and they will take the matter up.
I was told by trading standards that its " ILLEGAL " to supply secondhand/used goods as new so hoefully they may get a small fine !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017