Office 2007 and Outlook Express

Munchmonster 21:37 09 Oct 2007

Microsoft advise that you buy Office 2007 (XP or later it actually says) to resolve the lack of Spell-check in Outlook Express when you install Works 7.0 click here .
I have bought Microsoft Office 2007 (home and student), to discover that I only have French spell-check in Outlook Express see click here. Their solution: buy a third party spell check.
I want a decent UK English spell check I believed I would get that with Office. The advice given is misleading. Article 886562 should advise you to buy a third party spell check not Office.
Microsoft will probably tell me to invest in Outlook.

Forum Editor 06:56 10 Oct 2007

if you have Office 2007.

aquatarkus 07:49 10 Oct 2007

Sorry but the Student Teacher Edition doesn't come with Outlook only has Word, Excel and Power Point.
Haven't used Outlook express fro years but seem to remember that there were a few free spell checkers for it, also you say you can only spell check in French go to tools options and see what language you have set up for outlook express should be english

Munchmonster 16:08 10 Oct 2007

aquatarkus is correct it does not come with Outlook.
Office is configured correctly. I have a UK spell check, Microsoft know that the UK spell check does not work in Outlook Express and that you end up with a French one.
My bug bear is that Microsoft are advising people to buy Office to cure a problem that it will not cure.
If you read the links you will see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?