Office 2007 Anybody?

powerless 20:25 16 Feb 2006

click here

Here's a nice break down click here

ade.h 21:18 16 Feb 2006

Well, it'll be the Small Business edition for me, but I just wish that MS would look at what Ability does - it lets you cherry pick the bits that you want - so that I could avoid paying for Powerpoint.

What's also unclear is how you qualify for an upgrade; will 2000 be included?

interzone55 13:51 17 Feb 2006

I wish they would include Access in the Student edition, as many students (myself included) use Access as part of our courses, so we either have to stump up for the pro edition, use a different suite and lose access compatibility or resort to using cracked versions.

After complaints previously Microsoft have sent free copies of Access to purchasers of Student & Teacher versions of Office, maybe they will this time, but why don't they just include it as standard? Same goes for SBE, surely many small businesses would benefit from the power of access for managing data.

ade.h 17:57 17 Feb 2006

You could buy Access on its own, of course, though I would perhaps expect that to work out a bit more expensive because the standalone prices are quite high in these new versions.

In fact, I'm glad that you mentioned that; I sometimes use Access and it would be a shame to miss it, so maybe the SBE is not enough for me.

All academic at this early stage though. (No pun intended, Alan!)

interzone55 15:30 18 Feb 2006

Access on it's own is ~£120 ie £120 more than Open Office which includes a database, but whereas the rest of Open Office is an easy match for MS Office the database is not as good as Access.

steven_frost 21:08 31 May 2006

i'm using the beta of office 2007 and it is amazing a complete remake of it and so far i love it microsoft has pulled the hat out of the bag on this one try it you may like it

wags 21:13 31 May 2006

alan14, I bought the Office 2003 Student Edition for my kids last year and there was a special offer voucher to purchase Access 2003 for £18, which I did. It might be worth contacting MS to see if there is a cheap way of acquiring this as a student.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?