OEM Software Offers

lionadrians 11:46 09 Apr 2004

Anyone had experience ordering OEM Software (priced in $) following an E.mail shot.
Have had several E.mails in the past and some seem dodgy.
Got one this morning from "Ultimate Applications SW" which seems genuine and am tempted to buy "Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002" for $50.00.
Is It Genuine OR Just Another Scam.

cycoze 11:54 09 Apr 2004

I`m afraid any unsolicted mail`s should be treated as spam and deleted , certainly wouldnt give my CC details to one of them .

Windows XP Pro for about 28 pounds sterling. Do you really need to ask the question of whether this is dodgy or not?

leo49 12:18 09 Apr 2004

Someone on here a while ago did actually receive the software.However,I don't understand the mental processes involved.Dodgy software[and at the prices quoted you can't possibly consider it legit]is dodgy software.Paying for it doesn't legitimise it.Thus if you're prepared to use such software then why go through the charade of paying for it?

Forum Editor 13:43 09 Apr 2004

have received these emails.

Common sense tells you that the software can't possibly be other than pirated doesn't it?

Some time ago I discussed this subject with Microsoft - they confirmed that the software was pirated, and that you are being foolish if you pay someone good money for it.

961 16:47 09 Apr 2004

If you search around the computer forums you will find that while the software may work you may also find that your credit card may begin to work without your help several months later

spuds 19:49 09 Apr 2004

This subject as been covered in previous forum issues. If it seem to good to be try, then don't bother, as you may regret it at a later date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?