Ntl, when 3 meg will become 10?

Pooke 18:29 02 Sep 2005

Does anyone have solid proof of when this will happen?

Newuser3443 19:20 02 Sep 2005

Atricle here.....

click here

Rob :0)

BTW I'm interested coz I'm on NTL BB too.

GaT7 21:24 02 Sep 2005

Pooke, you can also follow developments over at click here.

Someone there has posted (on the last page of the above link), "Yesterday I read an article on TheRegister.co.uk that a new site Bethere.co.uk are releasing a 24meg connection for £20 a month (WOW) with an upload speed of 1meg this month (Actually starting today). From what I have read from them they will be no caps either way."

For the Bethere website click here.

About the 24megs:

"Will I really get 24 megs?

The actual bandwidth that you will receive is based on three factors: the length of the wire that connects your premise with the BT exchange, the quality of the copper, and signal interference from other users or devices. If the quality of the copper is perfect, and there is no line noise, you will receive 24 megs up to a kilometre from the exchange. If your line is two kilometers long then you can expect to receive up to 15 megs. Your bandwidth will decrease further as line length increases, and we do not offer our service if you are further than 5.5 kilometers from the exchange. While bandwidths are not guaranteed, we do offer the highest bandwidth available using ADSL to your premise."

G

GaT7 21:29 02 Sep 2005

UKOnline is going to do 24meg too click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?