NTL technical support

snowy30 21:19 01 Jul 2005

I get more sense out of a cage full of monkeys than NTL...but then thats insulting the monkeys.

For over a week we been having problems with our Interactive and On Demand services, we had two engineers out, one today (July 1st), even had our set top box changed and still we having problems. One engineer was supposed to phone back today.

Another thing, one time I phoned up NTL, I was dealt with by what sounded like a young girl who I dont think she hadnt had a clue only knew how to send out another engineer.

NTL=Not To Like

BigRik 22:51 01 Jul 2005

My wife and I have had to make calls to NTL in the past and have found them to be fairly pleasant to date; yet my Mum has had to do the same and has found one guy she spoke to extremely abrupt so I guess their "after sales" can be somewhat 50/50.

spuds 10:51 02 Jul 2005

All comes down to management and training procedures.Most of the telephone staff are call centre personnel who really on screen scripted assistance problem solvers.Like modern day living, call centre staff come in all forms,shapes and sizes, and the occasional abruptness doe's surface.Fancy being met on a daily basis, by perhaps some customers who have a problem with their services, then spit out all their venom at the call centre representative.

Improvements are required in some fields, and that is the role of management. Remember that in most cases your are informed that your conversation may be monitored for 'improvement' purposes. Recently, I read that a call centre management team were giving their staff a hard time, as the staff were spending too much time with customers, in trying to resolve problems. You just cannot win,whether you are a customer or a call centre rep!.

pj123 14:47 03 Jul 2005

Just had to call NTL Tech Support twice today (Sunday). Two different problems, one with Broadband and one with Telephone Call Barring.

Having got through the select 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. was answered immediately. After that just a simple security check and my problem solved within 3 minutes. So, could be only call NTL Tech Support on a Sunday???

WallyD 20:08 03 Jul 2005

I have really hacked NTL off in the past but this has been with the accounts department. However I must give credit where its due and that is with NTL broadband support. Fantastic.

conrail 17:17 04 Jul 2005

if you have a problem with ntl tv services, get them to give you a samsung silver box, the pace black boxes are obsolete, (engineers statement), got mine changed and no problems, everything seems faster.

pj123 17:23 04 Jul 2005

Well, once again I had to call NTL Tech Services with a Broadband problem. After the usual select 1, 2, 3, 4 options got through to Richard who solved the problem within 30 seconds. I do not have a problem with NTL Support.

AlideLeo 19:40 04 Jul 2005

tel and broadband are fine with NTL but TV service sucks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?