NTL Service?

Pesala 15:30 23 Sep 2006

I have combined Internet and Telephone service with NTL. My phone stopped working, so I logged on to try and report the fault. click here

So if my phone is not working how do I phone them to report the fault? (>_ )

wiz-king 17:08 23 Sep 2006

If you BT line wont work you would use someone elses phone to report a fault. Do likewise.

pj123 18:40 23 Sep 2006

As wiz-king says, you can call the number from your mobile (if you have one), or the public call box down the road, or, if you have good neighbours (like I have) you could use their phone.

They may not be able to fix the problem when using another phone, but at least you can report the problem.

Pesala 19:05 23 Sep 2006

The mobile costs too much. When I tried to call this morning the queue was twenty estimated at minutes — that would be about £6.00 — and they won't reimburse you for the cost of the call.

Since I'm paying for a service that is not available, I think there should be another way to contact NTL without relying on neighbours or some other company.

It stands to reason that if the internet is not working I would have to phone — so why can I not email or fill in an online form if the phone is not working?

pj123 21:35 23 Sep 2006

Now understand what you are saying. I am on NTL everything.

Just tried their help and support.

Clicked on email. Got a questionaire. One of the questions was "I have a telephone fault".

I clicked on that and then "continue" and what did I get?

Something like: "We can solve most problems over the telephone". "Please call 0845 454 0000"

Not very helpful. Fortunately, I have two separate NTL telephone lines so if one is down I can still use the other one.

I would be very happy to ring them on your behalf, (I am on talk unlimited, so all calls are free), to ask them how do we call them on the phone if the phone is not working.

LastChip 22:33 23 Sep 2006

for their reply!

Pesala 04:56 24 Sep 2006

You have email.

Pesala 09:40 25 Sep 2006

I could barely hear the caller due to the loud crackling, but just managed to recognize the caller's voice. Now the phone has gone completely dead again.

De Marcus™ 10:09 25 Sep 2006

Can you not use your neighbours phone to contact them? You can dial 150 from the phone for free with Telewest (now merged with NTL). Is that not the case with NTL?

Pesala 11:10 25 Sep 2006

click here

My neighbour is also using NTL. His phone is connected to the same line from the street as mine.

If you saw the connection you might wonder how it ever worked at all. Just bare wires joined with connector plugs hanging out in all weathers.

De Marcus™ 11:20 25 Sep 2006

I know 0845 numbers are not free but does NTL not employ a quick 3 digit free direct contact number as Telewest do? It was just a thought seeing as Telewest and NTL have merged (yet seems to me as a Telewest customer to still be entirely separate entities.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Album Art 2017: Nominees & past winners of Best Art Vinyl Awards to be exhibited

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?