NTL dialup in York ? How good

Effie 13:42 23 Oct 2003

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how good is the NTL dialup service here in York?

I am currently considering taking up a telephone/dialup package with them but have
heard lots or horror stories about other areas in the UK and would appreciate it if anyone in the area close to York or anwhere close to the District Hospital in York who has experience in the subject would give me their advice!

Many thanks,

Rosa33 14:56 23 Oct 2003

Hi Effie,

I live in Haxby, just north of the ring road, 3miles from the Hosp. and have NTL Freedom through dial up and have no complaints at all. If you aren't in their Broadband area you can get this package and I would HIGHLY recommend it. For £15 per month I get unlimited internet use and free calls upto the value of £15 (and reasonably charged after that - though I have rarely exceeded this). You also have to have a BT line and only pay rental on this (about £30 per quarter).

I would jump at their broadband if we could get it here.

I have used this system for 3 years now without a hiccup.

Oddly enough I did have to ring their 50p/minute tech support line yesterday for the FIRST time but they sorted out the prob v quickly - my 3yr old had rather embarrasingly unplugged the dialler and I hadn't noticed, so that was hardly their fault!

If I were you though I would check if you can get ADSL at the BT site if you want BB - I know most of York isn't cabled.

HTH,

Rosa33

Effie 15:15 23 Oct 2003

Thanks for that Rosa,

The package that they are offering me as being a student is 24 hour internet dialup as well as free 24 hour phone usage to landlines. Given that up to a few weeks ago, I was paying BT nearly 19 pound a month for free calls after 6 + weekends as well as 13.50 for Virgin internet access, NTL package would be better for me but I was afraid to get my fingers burnt given NTL's reputation for having difficulties accessing the NET. Adding BB to the package would cost 42.50, a bit out of my budget I'm afraid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017