NTL

kiddgame2000 09:45 06 Jul 2006

I hate NTL but lets not go into that.

I have been trying to cancel my account for 2 days now and have spent untold amounts of time and money on hold and have gotten no where. The reason for me wanting to cancel is because one of the people i live with has decided it would be better if we cancel this account and sign up to NTL's starter pack as it will save us £21 a month.

That part was easy we managed to set up the new account in my housemates name no problem and the NTL guy is coming to do his thing on friday.

My question is this what happens when he comes on friday and there is still an active account to this address, because there is no way i am phoning them again.

I took great pleasure in canceling the direct debit arrangement they have with my account a few minutes ago.

SG Atlantis® 17:22 06 Jul 2006

why set up a new account?

just change to the new deal on the same account?

me thinks your gonna pay and pay and pay, well you know..... or the engineer might not set the new one up.

ntl are "£$%%^ ^&&*()) £$$^&^^*&(*% and that's what I think of them.

spuds 18:56 06 Jul 2006

Stopping your direct debit without NTL's agreement will most likely bring letters demanding payment for that particular account. Just saying that "there is no way i am phoning them again" will resolve any issues.

Might be wise to have a chap with the engineer on Friday, before he commences work on the installation.

kiddgame2000 19:18 06 Jul 2006

The new deal only applies to new customers hence cancelling and setting a new one up in somone elses name.

Your description of NTL is flattering i think they are

£!&(*^%$£^*>>><~@{{}'s

I probably will phone them again it just gave me great pleasure in cancelling the direct debit.

SG Atlantis® 20:03 06 Jul 2006

the new deal...

actually if you push it, they'll let you onto it. did with me. the 3 for £30?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?