NTL 1.5mb service for the price of 750kbps service

tonyuk72 12:25 25 Nov 2004

It's been a while since I've posted so I thought what better way than to share my recent savings tactic. It's a little complicated and you will have needed to join NTL on thier 750kbps service after leaving a BT based (ADSL) service.

NTL advertise that thier 750kbps service is better, faster & cheaper than the 512kbps BT based ADSL. You will find this stated on thier website, TV & Paper adverts as well as mailshots. The fact of the matter is that ADSL has a download speed upto 512kbps and an upload speed of upto 256kbps, where as the comparible NTL 750kbps service only has an upload speed of 128kbps, this is 50% less than ADSL.

I contacted them and told them I wished to terminate my new contract (3 months old) as I had been advised as explained above & by a sales manager that the 750kbps service was better, faster & cheaper which had obviously been misleading. I was almost instantly offered an upload speed of 256kbps FOC, the side effect of this was that I had to be moved onto the 1.5mb service......

Enjoy you savings & increased speeds if you are entitled to use this information.

tonyuk72 14:46 27 Nov 2004

Bump in order to tick as resolved as it's for information only.

jonnie-187464 23:43 27 Nov 2004

Phoning them but to no avail as i was passed to millions of people within NTL, i just kept going round and round for hours.
In the end i just put the phone down.
Given up, i will stay on the 750kbps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?