NTL

tobykim 22:29 30 Mar 2004

My cousin is on NTL broadband I think it's the 128 version, everytime she checks her e-mail she has about 600 messages, it's not a virus as she has plenty of protection it is just spam, she doesn't buy anything on the web, and doesn't put her e-mail address on anything on the web how do you think people are getting hold of her address

TBH1 23:46 30 Mar 2004

I am on ntl dial-up - - -and receive maybe 150 a day to primery email address - -yet just genuine stuff to me secondery. I just leave it on the server for a few days and delete from there every so often

Daz35 01:17 31 Mar 2004

To get rid of unwanted spam click here click here

TBH1 09:28 31 Mar 2004

I know there is stuff out there to get rif of it - - but why does it just come to my ntl account; I have several others - tiscali, btopenworld - - and get none there.

medicine hat 11:11 31 Mar 2004

A 'friend' probably put the email address in every spammers box they could find

erkmatrix 13:13 31 Mar 2004

Yeah only takes once to get in the spamming system and then its included in another mailing list and is passed round. I now have a email address for just close friends and companies I really trust and one that I use for other sign up and whatever, and if it gets in a spammers mailing list I just get rid of it and make up another address.

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone