Novatech 19" widescreen - £116.33

jarani 19:43 02 Apr 2007

This seems an oustanding value based on the spec incl DVI - any comments please ?

GaT7 20:11 02 Apr 2007

I would recommend this Hanns.G 19" TFT click here, for £110 with DVI, better contrast ratio & 5ms response (from the official specs click here).

More user reviews at Amazon US click here.

I've had mine for ~7 months & am very pleased. G

jarani 20:44 02 Apr 2007

Crossbow7 - I think this has a response time of 8 ms but that does not matter - does this come with cables ? jarani

spuds 22:46 02 Apr 2007

Check Ebuyer Value range (Major monitor manufacturer), 19" TFT for £99.99 including free delivery.

i bought their 20.1" monitor, great spec and nit a dead pixel at all, 3 year on site warrenty, highly delighted had it 4 months now, in fact im delighted with all my novatech purchases, cpu, graphics card, psu, ram, coolers never ler me down and always given honest advice
adam

erm.. thats 'not a dead pixel' shame they dont sell keyboard lamps

Totally-braindead 22:53 02 Apr 2007

I would certainly consider either of the monitors but I do have concerns with getting a widescreen one as I play a lot of games.
Am I correct it saying that unless the game supports widescreen that the picture is just stretched making the game characters look rather weird?
And how does a normal web page as an example look on widescreen, I presume its stretched too?

GaT7 22:55 02 Apr 2007

'I think this has a response time of 8 ms but that does not matter' - you're right, a few ms here & there isn't going to make much difference!

'does this come with cables' - It comes with a VGA cable. I bought a DVI cable off eBay for under £5 delivered.

Remember that Amazon offers free standard delivery. G

jarani 23:06 02 Apr 2007

Crossbow7 and others - many thanks for the advice - I do not play games so the games stretch, if any, would not bother me - I assume that the web pages would just accommodate greater width of the display without streching the text etc - if anybody knows I would appreciate advice on this - jarani

GaT7 23:14 02 Apr 2007

'Am I correct it saying that unless the game supports widescreen that the picture is just stretched making the game characters look rather weird?'

No, I've played games that don't support widescreen & there's no noticeable stretching/squashing. At times there can be black bands on either side (I haven't experienced it yet) which can be annoying I'd imagine, but there may be ways around all of these (see below).

All the games you play may have widescreen support. Have a look at the Widescreen Gaming Forum click here for games that do/don't & help/tips to solve/alleviate any problems.
-----------------------------------

'And how does a normal web page as an example look on widescreen, I presume its stretched too?'

'I assume that the web pages would just accommodate greater width of the display without streching the text etc'

No they're no stretched. Sometimes there are 'white' (or coloured) lines down either side, or the right side only, or none at all depending on the website - see fullsize screenshots (1440x900 res) PC Advisor forums click here, BBC homepage click here, MSE forums click here (all at reduced image quality as they weren't getting uploaded at their original size). G

jarani 23:35 02 Apr 2007

Crossbow7 - thanks

I started my computer life on 14" screen and moved to my present 17" screen about 2 years ago - the difference in the amount of display and ease of reading text was phenomenal - I assumed the 19" screen would improve it further

but, I have no experience of the wide screen display and you got me a little worried about the possible stretch - should I move to normal ratio 19" screen which may give a better display ? - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?