Notebook V Desktop

Teddington 08:53 24 Jan 2003
  Teddington 08:53 24 Jan 2003

Notebooks seem to have come on it terms of performance and popularity.
Can we discuss the pros and cons of each?
I am on the fence at present and need to jump either way to make a purchase.

What’s your experience? Did you regret the move or is it the best thing you have done?

Magik™ 09:45 24 Jan 2003

A lot have both, i have just got a new laptop, and it is the best thing since sliced bread, once the desktop gives up the ghost that will be it, i would not get another one...the laptop does it all.......

Teddington 09:50 24 Jan 2003

Magik™
having both I can see the advantage but is it not a pain to keep synced? I can imagine the line
"..ohh bugger, it's on the other machine.." happening a lot

Magik™ 11:11 24 Jan 2003

in my case i have them connected with a wireless link, with the one you see on the BT openworld homepage, so i can surf arounf and what ever is on one, i can access on the other...

Magik™ 11:18 24 Jan 2003

i suppose if i had neither, then i would be knocking on the mans door that sold laptops..and at this point i might as well throw an advert in, my laptop is the Dell inspiron 8200..bit of a mess up with delivery, but the PC is ace...

Djohn 11:32 24 Jan 2003

Teddington,after looking at Laptops in PC World, I think if I was starting out fresh that's the way I would go.

One thing to take into consideration is the lack of Upgrading, so I would get the best I could afford for future use.

Some people will pay, say £1000-00 for a desktop, knowing that over the next year or two they will spend a further £500-00 or so on upgrading, with a laptop allow for this expense and spend it up front.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?