note to editor!

rick90 21:21 09 Nov 2006

Hi, sorry if on wrong site but I was wondering if pc advisor had a sister mag on digital photography as after a long absence from my camera,the bug is starting to bite again.Rick :-)

Forum Editor 23:35 09 Nov 2006

the answer's 'no'. The advent of digital photography has brought computers and cameras in to close association, and of course we can discuss photography in our Digital World forum.

Strawballs 12:12 10 Nov 2006

There is a forum with a section on photography click here

Smiler 13:14 10 Nov 2006
  rick90 22:23 11 Nov 2006

to F.E , Strawballs (hope not)and Smiler(world loves a smiler!. ) Some very good sites I had not found,Thank you. I have been asking advice on this (my favorite site for years.Got my choice down to the canon s3 is, (I think ??)I am going to buy local at my nearest little shop ,we are just haggle-ing a price.I could get it online a hundred quid cheaper,but you hear so many tales of woe cameras toing and froing when they go wrong.I think the extra is worth the peace of mind. Thanks to all whom advised me ,in this string and others. you are a great bunch. Rick. P.S work away from home for a couple of days at a time,hence late reply.:-}

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 12 Nov 2006

You local jessops will sell you a camera at the best internet price you can find so it's worth a look.

iscanut 10:47 12 Nov 2006

Have had a Canon S1 since it came out some years ago. Very pleased with it, but would not mind an upgrade to the newer S3 model. Hope you are happy with it if/when you get it.

rick90 14:58 12 Nov 2006

thanks for that tip Diodorus Siculus ,they are about the dearest round here (Blackpool) but if they do a deal, the lowest price I,ve seen online is £100 cheaper than I am being offered at the moment,if they can come near that it will give me a big saving. Nuts my wife says I don,t treat myself all the time so why not go ahead and get one, as its my birthday this month, (21)
"thats the date ,not the age" I,ll be down to Jessops on my next day off.;-]]

rick90 15:02 12 Nov 2006

note for Mr editor Sir, I keep pressing resolved ,but it dose not show, so nobody shouting at me please,as I said above,it,s my birthday soon. So all presents Care of "editor"
;-0.

rick90 15:05 12 Nov 2006

hey,it,s working at last,sorry that is the resolved tick!!!

rick90 23:44 14 Nov 2006

just a note, sort off follow up to Diodorus Siculus, went into my local Jessops today,and they quoted £409 for the canon s3 is I thought here goes ,and told him the online price of £250 and he said I,ll check that and match it.So you saved me £100 on the other local price I was given.So thank you very much ,you saved me a 100 mile round trip to the nearest store at that price,(I still pref are not to buy online)and when a local store will price-match why bother.Cheers again,and NO ,you are not on commission. ;-{

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?